POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Supershapes [jpg, 64k] : Supershapes [jpg, 64k] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Supershapes [jpg, 64k]
From: Dave Vogt
Date: 22 Mar 2004 09:37:38
Message: <405efa32@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

Last week, the heise newsticker had an article[1] about the
superformula. It is told that using this formula, you can describe
(almost) every thinkable shape with only a few parameters. Well, they
had a link to a site[2] where you can download a tool to play around
with, and even export a mesh to pov! I couldn't resist and now I think
I would like to share this with you.. even if only the rendering is
done in pov.
There was also someone who implemented the formula in pov[3],
dynamically generating a mesh. I didn't try that yet.

Ah yes, I was so stupid to not store the parameters to the formula for
this object, sorry ;)

Greets,

Dave V.

[1] http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/45863
[2] http://www.genicap.com/
[3] http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/povray/supershape/

--
Dave "tPassive" Vogt| ruby -e "nts.to_i;a..n).to_a;a.each{
Linux  user  #225040| |x|puts x;(x*2).step(n,x){|j|a.delete j}}"

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 's3.jpg' (64 KB)

Preview of image 's3.jpg'